Saturday, July 7, 2007

I am the Girl's Best Friend

Ice Cream is a sweet girl.

I met her early on in my high school days, back when I used to give a fuck about the people I met. Back when I was young enough to meet girls and care about what they said or thought or felt.

Tonight was Ice Cream's friend's birthday. She was also out, uninhibited, because she just recently got out of a serious relationship.

Dill, Seelo, and I arrived at the club after midnight; none of us had seen Ice Cream for several years. The greeting was joyous, though obviously severely impaired by booze. Ice Cream gave us our hugs and kisses and we chatted before going our separate ways on the dancefloor.

A few hours into the night, Dill, Seelo and I reconvened and we noticed a sight out of the corner of our eyes. Ice Cream was making out with a strange fellow in a dark corner. His hands were creeping up her dress, which was awfully long and far from something someone could accidentally reach under without effort.

"Who's the lucky fella?" I inquired.

"Never seen the fucker before," Dill retorted.

Later in the night, as the club was closing up, we found Ice Cream and asked her, "Who's the new guy?"

"I don't know... I think his name is ... Joe?" she answered, lost and confused. "Hey!" she suddenly changed subjects, "We're gonna go eat! Are you coming with us?"

We agreed.

On the drive over to the diner, the three of us guys were stopped at a red light, and a Corolla pulled up to my left.

"Where do I know that guy?" I asked, pointing over at the Corolla.

"Hey!" Seelo exclaimed, "That's that Joe guy that Ice Cream was making out with! Guess he's coming too!"

I shifted into 'park' and stepped out of the car. Stepped over and pulled on Joe's door lever -- it was unlocked. I sat down and smiled calmly at him.

He shuffled over to his side, as if to reach for something, but I jabbed him a quick one in the side of the head.

"Hands on the steering wheel," I commanded.

He quietly obeyed.

The light turned green, and he moved along with traffic. Seelo jumped over to the driver side in my car and tailed.

"Do you know who I am?" I asked him.

He shook his head silently.

"So, that girl that you were making out with in the club -- that's my baby sister," I exaggerated maybe a little. He looked over at me startled. I grinned. "Me -- I'm an overprotective brother. And you ..." I placed a hand on his shoulder, "You sir -- you are the one that made out with my baby sister in the club."

We slowly drove past the diner that Ice Cream and her friends were planning to eat at.

"Pull into the parking lot," I yelled at him, "I know where we're going, you stupid motherfuck!" He slowly backtracked and turned in. "So, you were feeling all up on her pretty good back there. Did you get her number? You know her name at least?"

He shook his head, keeping his eyes away from me.

"Gimme your phone," I commanded.

He reached into his pocket and handed a cell phone to me. I punched Ice Cream's number in, and the number on the display switched into her name, misspelled.

"Oh!" I groaned disappointedly, "You do have her number! And you misspelled her name." I turned to him with a dead stare, "And you lied to me."

He kept looking straight ahead, avoiding my glare.

I slapped him across the face with his own phone, "Don't fucking lie to me!" I slapped him to emphasize each syllable, "Liars make me angry!"

I stopped and deleted Ice Cream's number from his phonebook.

"Listen," I calmed down, "We're civilized men here. Here's what we'll do. If you walk into this diner, I'll kill you. If you ever call this number, I'll break your kneecaps." I placed the phone down on his seat, "And then, I'll fuckin' kill you. Got me?"

He nodded his head. I got out of the car.

I walked back to my car and got into the driver seat. Seelo jumped back into the passenger.

"You guys hungry?" I asked.

"Fuckin' starving," Dill answered.

We ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment