Friday, August 24, 2007

Wronger than two boys kissing in church

SPC Dallas and I were at the gym, loading plates onto the bar for the bench-press. "I haven't done this since last deployment!" he declared.

"Yeah, it's been awhile since I lifted anything," I admitted.

"Fuck, that looks like a lot of weight to start," he said. Then, as he began lifting, he grunted and said, "Tell my Mom if this kills me that I died in a firefight! And that I saved someone's life! Your life!"

"Haha, all right. And if I die... tell my Mom that I died because she didn't love me enough!"

He let the weights slam onto the bar, laughed, and asked, "What the fuck was that? Oh my God, you must hate your Mom, man!"

"Hahaha. Nah, I love Mom. I always joke with her like that. I'm just kidding, don't say that to her."

No comments:

Post a Comment